5 Reasons Why 'Breaking Up is Hard to do'
What does a #1 hit song from 1962 have to do with breaking up with your payroll services vendor?
Let’s see… Neil Sedaka had a hard time breaking up with his girl.
He penned the lines-
'if you go then I'll be blue'
'Think of all that we've been through'
'Instead of breaking up I wish that we were making up again'
I'm thinking that when the song went #1 he probably got over that girl.
But if you are having anxiety about breaking up with your payroll vendor, I get it!
Here are 5 reasons that breaking up with your payroll vendor can be hard to do:
- It can be a lot of work to switch vendors.
- There is never a perfect time to switch.
- Learning the new system takes time.
- Change is hard!
- The unknown - will the new vendor deliver as promised?
I know, I just talked you out of breaking up.
And yes... it can be a lot of work, timing can be a pain, learning takes time, change is hard and we fear the unknown.
However… here are 5 reasons breaking up is vital to your company success!
- You are outgrowing your vendor’s capabilities.
- Poor service equals lost time and frustration for your employees.
- Your vendor does not communicate well with your other vendors.
- Manual processes and errors cost you at the bottom line.
- Your employees deserve the best technology to do their jobs.
If you are experiencing any of these you are settling for less. When has settling for less ever worked out in your favor? It hasn't for me.
Don't settle! Any tool that slows down your workday needs replacing and replacing your payroll vendor is step 1.
Need help breaking up with your payroll vendor? Let us eliminate your pain. Our subject matter (relationship) experts stand ready to help.
Connnect & Simplify by contacting the Benefit Companies or call me at 262-207-1999.
#payroll services, #business owner, #small business, #payroll, #insource, #connectandsimplify
Roger Fuerstenau has over 25 years of experience in the financial services industry, the last 6 as a Human Capital Management Consultant with The Benefit Companies.
He also writes and hosts the company’s weekly podcast, Inside Connect & Simplify.