Human Resources Blogs
Haven't Found What Your Looking For?
How to Find The Right Admin Solutions Company
I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For reached number 1 for the Irish band U2 in August 1987. It was nominated for 2 Grammies and lands in the top 100 greatest songs of all time according to Rolling Stone Magazine.
Although he does not tell us exactly what or who he is looking for, Bono does tell us about his search so far and you can tell he is not done looking and he is not satisfied.
What does a song from 1987 have to do with a company looking for an admin vendor that gets it right? Let's see...
Many of our new clients talk about looking for a Human Capital Management or admin solution and having a challenge getting the right vendor.
Why is that? What is the vendor not delivering? Is the client too complex? Is it technology shortcomings?
Here are the top 5 reasons companies still haven't found the admin solution they're looking for:
- The vendor did not ask enough questions to vet the client. If the discovery process is not deep enough the solution will fail to meet all of the requirements and needs of the client.
- The vendor’s technology is not advanced or evolved enough to meet the growing complexity of your company. The more success you experience the more involved your company's admin needs become. If the vendor’s tech is outdated they cannot grow with you.
- The service model is not serving you. If your service contact is unreachable, changes every three months, or is inexperienced are you really being served?
- The vendor does not play nice with others. When moving data files or making corrections in one process impacts how the other vendor runs their process very often it is less than smooth for anyone involved.
- The company does not know what they are looking for and rely on the vendor's presence rather than expertise and capability. Expertise and capability are really the key, not how well known the vendor is.
Still haven’t found what you’re looking for? Maybe start with a company that handles all of your admin processes including a Human Capital Management platform, a discovery process that goes deep into your requirements, a service that is designed to take care of each specific client’s needs, and the HCM industry leader in technology.
And BTW... The Benefit Companies has 48 years of staying power and our tech partner UKG's reputation is stellar. So we have capability, longevity, AND expertise.
We just might be what you're looking for.
Roger Fuerstenau has over 25 years of experience in the financial services industry, the last 6 as a Human Capital Management Consultant with The Benefit Companies. He also writes and hosts the company’s weekly podcast, Inside Connect & Simplify.